Saturday, May 16, 2009

17 Weeks, Nothing to Report!

I've been neglecting my blogs lately, so sorry for those of you who read regularly! I'm solidly working through the second trimester now, 17 weeks, 2 days today. The nausea and vomiting is finally over, but it lasted through week 16! Our big ultrasound is scheduled for May 29th and we are all excited to see a healthy baby and to find out if it's a boy or girl. I'm still not sure if I've felt movement yet, thinking I have but wondering if it's gas. Hopefully it will become more pronounced soon. I love feeling my baby move. It's the best feeling ever.

GG continues in her excitement. She has set her heart on a baby sister, and we have been trying to prepare her for the possibility that she may not get what she wants. She refuses to hear of it. I explained the ultrasound process to her, telling her the things they'll measure and how they will tell if it's a boy or girl. She informed me at breakfast this morning that if "it's a vagina, I'll be happy." I almost spit out my breakfast cereal from laughing. I hope she's not disappointed, but I'm sure she'll adjust if she is. I reminded her yesterday that she loves her baby friends Caleb and Luke. She replied, "I like them Mom, I wouldn't say I love them." Again, sometimes she is a funny little girl.

I'll try to do better on my updates. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment