Saturday, March 21, 2009

All Is Well!

Just returned home from the doctor's office. He was able to see the baby with the transabdominal ultrasound (no more plastic probe, YAY!) Baby's heart rate was 186 bpm, normal for my stage today (9 weeks, 2 days). He didn't measure because the heart looked so good. He said the spotting was likely the result of the internal probe on Wednesday and it just took a couple of days to show up. We are immensely relieved.

I threw up in the car on the way home. Luckily, I brought a trash bag along just in case. I suspect that I am suffering from dehydration. I have several symptoms-very little urine output, very dry skin, dry mouth, chills, etc. My doctor gave us till Monday to rehydrate manually. He recommends sipping Gatorade, Kool-aid, etc. since water makes me nauseous (breathing makes me nauseous, too, but I must continue!) If I'm still dehydrated on Monday, he is going to order a home nurse to come and administer IV fluids. He said he knows it sounds bad, but it would make me feel a lot better very quickly.

So as I sit here typing, I'm sipping my purple Gatorade like a good girl. Hubby is now monitoring my fluids, which is probably good. It will keep me honest! Thanks to all of you who prayed and thought of me over the last 24 hours.

2 comments:

  1. *HUG* I'm so glad I missed a couple of days of reading. I would have been terrified for you! I'm SO glad that your little one is doing well.

    Coconut water worked for me during pregnancy. Not sure if you can stomach the taste of that, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew-I tried coconut water recently. I can't stand the flavor!! =) Thanks for the suggestion, though! I'm choking down massive amounts of purple Gatorade. Starting to think the IV would be easier.

    ReplyDelete